Divorced, Separated or Never Married Parents

In the case of divorce, separation or parents whom never married, we expect the parents will share responsibility for financing their child's education.

The custodial parent with whom the student resides must complete the FAFSA and CSS Profile, along with the other required documents (see our Forms and Deadlines webpage). The non-custodial parent will be asked to complete a non-custodial parent Profile and to submit his or her federal income tax returns and W2 form(s). If married and filing separately, the non-custodial parent should also submit his or her spouse's federal income tax return and W2 form(s).

A waiver of the non-custodial contribution may be granted if a letter from a guidance counselor, principal, pastor, or attorney attests to the fact that the non-custodial parent has not been in the student's life for a number of years.

Business or Farm Owners

If any income or loss derives from a Business, S-Corp., Farm, Partnership, etc., or if a family filed a Schedule C, C-EZ and/or E as part of their federal income tax return, then the Business/Farm Supplement Form must be completed. Parents (custodial and non-custodial) who own an interest in a business or corporation must submit a copy of their 2010 corporate return (IRS Form 1120, 1120F, and/or Schedule K-1). If parents have income from a partnership, they must submit a copy of the partnership return (IRS Form 1065) and a copy of the Statement of Partner’s Share of Income (Schedule K-1). All materials should be submitted to the Financial Aid Office with the name of the student clearly present.


Office of Financial Aid

Site Search