All students must apply for on-campus jobs by submitting a resume and cover letter on Handshake, and then the Student Employment Office will forward their materials to the hiring department. The department will contact students they would like to interview. During the hiring process, each department will give preference to students who were issued federal work-study as a portion of their financial aid offer.  Students are not guaranteed a position by virtue of being offered federal work-study in their financial aid offer. If you have questions, please contact the Student Employment Office at employme@hamilton.edu.
Earning Your Federal Work-Study/Campus Employment
  • Federal work-study/campus employment is not paid in advance or reflected on your student bill. Income is earned via a bi-weekly paycheck based on the number of hours worked and the pay rate for the position.

  • A student may earn more (or less) than the amount of federal work-study/campus employment they were awarded. Campus employment may not exceed 20 hours per week.

  • Income is typically used to pay for non-billable educational expenses (such as books and travel to and from campus).


Office of Financial Aid

Site Search