Audiovisual Services (AV)
The Audiovisual Services Team is located in Burke Library, Room 363 (within the 3rd floor office suite).
Senior Multimedia Systems Technician 315-859-4793
Video Support Specialist 315-859-4076
Multimedia Technician 315-859-4231
- Presentation support (sound reinforcement and data projection)
- Video recording or streaming of academic events (e.g. performances, lectures, and sporting events)
- Maintenance and support of technology enhanced (TE) classrooms
- Event support for recognized Student Organizations
- Loaning of various types of audiovisual equipment to Faculty and Staff for academic and College business purposes
- Production work including duplications and editing
- Delivery of Mobile Video Conferencing Carts in Spencer House, Kirner-Johnson, Burke Library and the Taylor Science Center
To request Audiovisual support for your event, use the Events Calendar.
On the Requirements screen of the Event Wizard please click the box next to #4 (If you require AV or LITS support please describe your needs), then write the details of your needs in the Comments box. If the Events Calendar is not appropriate for your situation (e.g., support in your regularly scheduled class), or to request equipment loans, please contact the AVS Coordinator at 315-859-4120 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support should be requested by Wednesday of the week prior to the date they are needed. (For example, if support is needed on a Saturday (Jul 14), the request should be made by Wednesday (Jul 4) of the prior week not the Wednesday (Jul 11) just before the event date). This will insure equipment and staff availability. We will try our best to accommodate last minute requests but we can not guarantee their approval.
For more information about Audiovisual Classroom or Event Support Services, please contact the AVS Office, 315-859-4120.
To show your class a DVD or videotape* from Burke Library you must check out the movie and show it yourself. Email email@example.com or call 315-859-4479 for information about the media collection and borrowing items.
In virtually all classrooms, the AV equipment is operated via a touchscreen control. If you are unfamiliar with the equipment, contact AV Services (x4120) to schedule a system tutorial in your classroom.
Audiovisual Services will provide a projectionist if the media item is a 16mm film. To request a projectionist, e-mail or call (x4120) the Audiovisual Services Coordinator.
*If you are showing a VHS tape please contact Claire Skjellerup to see if the title can be obtained on DVD. For more information regarding VHS tape playback on campus please see this LITS Newsletter article.
The following types of equipment are available for Faculty, Staff & Students to borrow with advance notice.
- Digital Audio Recorder (students may also borrow these from Camera Loan if applicable to their needs)
- Data Projector
- Portable Projection Screen
- Easel with paper pad, (requestor is responsible for providing markers)
- Slide advancing remote control w/ laser pointer
- Various cables and adapters*
*Please note that if you require a specific cable or adapter for longer than 2 weeks, your department should purchase one for your use. AVS will be happy to recommend a source for purchasing the cables. Mac adapters (Thunderbolt to HDMI & Thunderbolt to VGA) are to be checked out at either Camera Loan in the KTSA or at the Research & Design Studio in Burke Library. AVS will no longer loan these out.
Last updated: May 7, 2017