Interlibrary Loan Requests
Last updated: March 23, 2018
Hamilton students, faculty, and staff may borrow materials from other libraries that we either don't own or are currently checked out. Choose an option below, or ask a librarian if you need help.
Individuals may make requests by manually filling in the forms linked to below, or they can look for the "Find It" icon when searching databases to make requests using pre-populated forms.
Logon to ILLiad, Hamilton's new Interlibrary Loan platform, using your network username and password. The first time you logon to this new system, you will be asked to confirm your personal information. For more information on ILLiad, see our recent news article.
- Most items arrive within 4 working days
- Catalog includes items from 18 college and university libraries in New York State
- ConnectNY - FAQ
- Most items arrive within 2 weeks
- Catalog includes items from more than 72,000 libraries worldwide
Your Hill Card can be used to check out books at the area libraries listed below or any Connect NY member library. Ask a library staff member about reciprocal borrowing and other agreements between our libraries before you travel.
- Colgate University - 22 miles
- Kirkland Town Library - 2 miles
- Mid-York Library System - Oneida, Madison, and Herkimer county public libraries
- Mohawk Valley Community College - 12 miles
- SUNY Institute of Technology - 12 miles
- Utica College - 9 miles
Hamilton faculty, students, and staff may use these libraries, but do not have borrowing privileges.
Retrieve or Request Articles with Find It
The Find It icon appears in most library databases. Click on it to:
- link to the full text of your article
- link to an autofill form you can use to request a copy of your article from another library. Most articles arrive within 2-5 days