Recommend a Library Purchase
Last updated: October 25, 2016
- Email request to email@example.com
- Fill out the Ask to Buy form
- Drop off or mail request to Abigail Morton, Burke Library
- For video rentals, contact Claire Skjellerup, 315-859-4120
Include the following with your request:
- Creator (e.g., author, composer, performer, etc.)
- Date of publication
- Format (book, CD, DVD)
- ISBN or UPC (if known)
- Department to which the purchase should be charged
- Where you found your information (e.g., publisher's catalog, website with url, review from a journal or newspaper, etc.)
- Special instructions
- Abigail Morton
Senior Acquisitions Assistant
To request trials or discuss database resources that would benefit your courses and research, contact your department liaison librarian.
Article databases and other electronic collections typically require annual licensing agreements that result in an ongoing cost to the college. While we are happy to set up trials and explore purchasing options, the addition of a new database often requires the termination of an existing one.
- Lynn Mayo
Reference Librarian/Coordinator of Electronic Resources
To discuss journals or other serial sets that would benefit your courses and research, contact your department liaison librarian.
Journal subscriptions represent an ongoing cost to the college that is subject to an annual inflation rate of 4-6%. Because of this, the request for a new subscription requires careful consideration with the final decision being made by the director of the library. Normally, the academic department will be asked if there are existing titles of roughly equal cost they are willing to cancel. See the library's guidelines for evaluating journal subscriptions for additional information.
Requests should include:
- Title, publisher, place of publication, and ISSN
- Barbara Swetman
Acquisitions and Serials Librarian