When is Consent Not Required
- For legitimate educational purposes within the college.
- To officials at an institution in which the student seeks to enroll.
- To comply with a court order or subpoena.
- In connection with a health or safety emergency if necessary to protect the student or others.
- To parents of students who are dependents for income tax purposes.
- If it is directory information.
- To parents of a student younger than 21 years of age if the disclosure concerns discipline for violation of the campus drug and alcohol policy.