Services for Faculty
If you would like to learn more about supporting the multilingual students in your class, contact Laura Widman.
If you have a multilingual student in your class who you would like to refer for writing, speaking, listening, and/or reading support, please fill out the referral form for Multilingual Student support on Forms, or email Laura Widman at email@example.com and CC your referred student.
The Writing-Intensive Program
Peer Tutoring in Writing
The advantages of writing conferences are many. Students receive feedback from experienced peer readers, they start assignments early, and they write multiple drafts. Hamilton students participate in more than 2,800 conferences a year; over 90% of students use the Writing Center during their time at Hamilton. To require conferences, please submit this form.
You may refer students having significant difficulty with writing to the WC Director for ongoing professional tutoring.
Writing Advisory Committee 2023-24
The Writing Center director and the Writing Advisory Committee are available to meet with you to discuss any aspect of writing instruction.
- Margaret Thickstun, Jane Watson Irwin Professor of the Humanities, 2026
- Alex List, Associate Professor of Psychology and Neuroscience, 2024
- Celeste Moore, Associate Professor of History, 2026
- Wei Zhan, Assistant Professor of Economics, 2025
- Naomi Guttman, Jane D. and Ellis E. Bradford ’45 Distinguished Writing Chair, ex officio (F; S-NYP)
- Jennifer Ambrose, Director of the Nesbitt-Johnston Writing Center, ex officio
Office / Department Name
Nesbitt-Johnston Writing Center
Writing Center Director