All students selected and offered admission to Hamilton College through these Opportunity Programs have demonstrated academic competitiveness, leadership, initiative, and the potential for success in Hamilton's rigorous academic environment with support. Both Opportunity Programs provide structured assistance, with “excellence” as its goal, during all four years on campus and beyond.
Important Things to Note
Attendance at the summer program is mandatory.
You must successfully complete the summer program as a condition of admission.
The dates for the 2022 program are: Saturday, July 2 – Friday, August 5
Participation is a four-year partnership for success.
Benefits of the Opportunity Programs include:
- Upon successful completion of the summer program, you will have earned one general credit toward your degree.
- The academic component of the summer program is challenging and rigorous. Intensive coursework is designed and taught by Hamilton faculty, and includes the opportunity to network with professors, administrators, and recent graduates.
- Students take the following academic courses: Math, English, Psychology, 1 of 3 sciences (Geology, Chemistry or Biology), Philosophy, Public Speaking, Government, Routine for Learning (a self designed learning plan), Oral Communications, and Physical Education.
- Our academic support partnership incorporates time management skills, building your learning routine, acquiring and retaining information, maximizing campus resources, cultural activities, and resume workshops. Other benefits include room, board, books, a weekly stipend, and a contribution towards travel expenses to and from the summer program.
- Opportunity Program students also receive academic and personal support, and advocacy throughout their four years at Hamilton.
Your path to success begins with taking ownership of your education, as well as accessing the support and resources Hamilton College offers. Our goal is to help you develop your skills and create opportunities that help you realize your potential. We look forward to helping you be the best you can be. For more information about our office and the summer program, please visit the Opportunity Programs website.
About the Summer Program
The five-week summer program introduces Hamilton College Opportunity Program students to college-level work and provides students with a strong academic foundation that facilitates a successful transition to college life.