Faculty Teacher-Scholar Awards (FTSA)
- For research awards, articulation of how the project will contribute toward a) the beginning of a new scholarly project, b) advancing a current project to make it more competitive for external funding, or c) the completion of a project for dissemination.
- For pedagogical awards, connection to one or more of the eight educational goals of the College or alignment of the proposal with one or more course designations (WI, SSIH, QSR, SI, EL, or FYC).
Applications for projects will be accepted until March 31, 2023 with the anticipation of awards being made at the end of April. Funding will be available for the summer 2023 through the 2023-24 academic year. At the end of the funding award period (June 30, 2024), a report on the activities from the awardee should be submitted to email@example.com.
We anticipate the next cycle of funding awards will open in the fall semester with a deadline of December 1, 2023. Awards will then be considered annually on December 1 and March 31 of each academic year.
The Antoine du Bourg ’53 Travel Fund
The Antione d Bourg ’53 Travel Fund will support travel to Europe, especially to England and France, but also other areas of the world including North America, for scholarly purposes. The fund enhances student-faculty collaboration and can include support for travel, room and board, and any associated research supplies. Multiple awards for $3,000-5,000 will be considered annually.
The Christian A. Johnson Fund for Enhanced International Understanding
The Christian A. Johnson Fund for Enhanced International Understanding provides support for programs that strengthen global awareness among Hamilton students, faculty, administrators and other members of the College community. Programs receiving monies from this fund shall be publicized as supported by the Christian A. Johnson Fund for Enhanced International Understanding. Multiple awards for $3,500-7,000 will be considered annually.
The Faculty Support Fund
The Faculty Support Fund provides support for faculty teacher-scholar projects in research and/or creative work, or pedagogical development for new or continuing projects. Funding may be for research travel (international or domestic), fees for workshops or conferences to develop pedagogical techniques, or collaboration with colleagues from other institutions. Multiple awards for $2,000-5,000 per year will be considered.
The Rabe Family Fund for Faculty Research
The Rabe Family Fund for Faculty Research provides the advancement of faculty scholarly work studying the history of foreign relations or international affairs. The fund can provide a. travel to a foreign library or archive; b. specialized training, workshops, conferences, and/or collaboration with colleagues; c. supplementary funding for research activities supported by grants from external agencies; d. subvention funding for peer-reviewed publication costs; and e. curricular development that leads to the regular teaching of courses. Recipients who subsequently publish work that was supported by The Rabe Family Fund for Faculty Research will note that funding in their acknowledgements. One or two awards for $2,000-$4,000 will be considered annually.
The Steven B. Sands ’80 Faculty Innovation Fund
The Steven B. Sands ’80 Faculty Innovation Fund was established to support the academic vision of Eugene M. Tobin, Hamilton’s 18th President to help move the curriculum forward in creative ways. The Sands Fund will provide awards to develop or redesign courses, pursue research related to the recipients pedagogy, introduce technology into courses, and promote curricular excellence and innovation in their craft. Two to three awards for $2000-5,000 will be considered annually.
Interested faculty should submit their applications to the Dean of Faculty Office Interfolio Link Here by March 31, 2023.
The proposal should include:
- Title and abstract. 100 word description of the project
- Project description. 1-2 page (single spaced, normal font, and margins) description of the project and how the work aligns with the criteria above as well as with the award(s) the faculty member is applying to.
- Budget. A table outlining the budget in major categories (fundable expenses include travel and related expenses, room, per diem at the current College rate, consumable research supplies, and minor equipment costing less than $1500).
- Endorsement letter. From Department Chair, Program Director, or ad hoc committee Chair (whichever is appropriate).
Application materials should be uploaded to Interfolio.
Questions can be directed to the Dean of Faculty Office at firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Office of the Dean of Faculty