Working remotely brings new issues to light in regard to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and it is critically important that we remain committed to these issues while normalcy is interrupted.
- Getting Started with Zoom - Inclusivity
- Consider adding your preferred pronouns after your name in Zoom, and asking your student workers and colleagues to do the same.
- As a facilitator, plan ahead by appointing some to the following roles:
- Co-host - in case you run into technical problems
- Moderator - to monitor and respond on the Chat feature
- Coordinator - to take notes and keep things on track
- Make sure all participants have equal access to shared content
- Share content ahead of time or in real time using the Chat feature
- Make sure all participants have an equal chance to engage
- Invite participants at several points to speak
- Use the "raise hand" feature to ensure equal time