Burke Library Food Policy
This policy describes the types of food that are permitted in the Burke Library.
This policy applies to all users of the Burke and Music Libraries.
Policy Revision History
Last revised, December 2014.
- Dry snacks - crackers, pretzels, candy, cookies, etc. (Please avoid messy food.)
- Drinks in covered containers
- Food provided for special events approved by Burke staff
You may be asked by a staff member to take certain foods to a designated location.
- Pick up after yourself.
- Report any spills promptly to the library staff.
- Empty unused liquids into bathroom sinks before disposing of cups.
- Dispose of all containers and trash appropriately, recycling whenever possible.
- To protect the collection and equipment
- To prevent infestation of bugs, mice, and other pests
- To keep floors and furnishings in good condition
Last updated: June 8, 2016
Thank you for helping us keep your library clean!