SiteManager - What is a site? How do I navigate one?
What is a site?
A site contains a collection of web files on a related subject. The sites that you have the rights to edit will appear under My Sites. Click once on the name link to see the contents of the site.
Why don’t I see any sites?
- You have not been given access to any sites.
- Did you take a SiteManager training class? If not, here is the current schedule.
- Are you editing an official college site? Access is given during the required Working Sessions.
- You may be using the wrong address. SiteManager exists on five different Hamilton College domains:
- College departments, official college pages: http://www.hamilton.edu/sitemanager
- Academic department pages and supporting content/sites: http://academics.hamilton.edu/sitemanager
Please note, pages created and maintained by the departments will not replace the Hamilton marketing pages created and maintained by C&D. Department maintained pages are accessed via a link from the official Hamilton pages that reads, " The [department name] department maintains its own Web site. More..." Only sites that display current information will be linked from the official academic page.
- Student organizations: http://students.hamilton.edu/sitemanager
- All personal sites: http://people.hamilton.edu/sitemanager
- Sites and content related to course work, academic projects: http://courses.hamilton.edu/sitemanager
- Conference sites: http://conferences.hamilton.edu/sitemanager
Navigating Around SiteManager
There is a hierarchy that defines the navigation in SiteManager. Depending on where you are in the hierarchy, you have different options available to you.
Home is at the top. Sites contain sections (organize like items together) and pages. Pages are made up of modules.
SiteManager provides “bread crumb trail” navigation, so you can always quickly get to a site, section, or page.
Note: The first page you make in your site is the “home” page, noted by the icon of the house. You can make any page the home page by clicking the make home link in the page options.
Site options: settings
Section options: settings, move, delete
“Home” page options: view, edit, settings, move, archive, delete
Page options: view, edit, settings, move, make home, archive, delete
Last updated: October 3, 2016