LITS Educational Opportunities
Consultation and deskside coaching appointments - call x4178 or email mscoones to schedule an appointment
- Instructor led workshops - by request
- Demonstrations - by request
- Online Learning Opportunities
Students - do you need to learn a new computer skill for a summer job or your new job after graduation?
Employees - do you need a refresher course on an application that you don't use on a regular basis?
Free online tutorials
https://www.gcflearnfree.org/ is a good resource to start with, especially if you need to learn Word, Excel, or PowerPoint. There are many more tutorials, including browsers, Google Apps, and Windows 10. https://www.gcflearnfree.org/topics/
No login is required.
LITS subscribes to an online training library, Lynda.com, that contains over 1000 video tutorials you can access 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There are five accounts available to use. According to Lynda.com:
- Learn software from Adobe, Apple, Microsoft and more.
- Classes for beginners to experts.
- Learn at your own pace: Play, pause, rewind.
- Watch one tutorial at a time, or a whole course.
Please contact Maureen Scoones (mscoones, x4178) if you are interested in accessing these tutorials or have any questions about this service.
Last updated: November 15, 2017