What Are FERPA Records?
Information recorded in any form that is directly related to a student and maintained by a college or university and by those acting for the college or university.
- personal information (e.g., ID#, SSN, etc.)
- records of student discipline
- enrollment records
- papers and tests
The storage medium in which you find this information does not matter. A student educational record may be:
- a document in the registrar's office
- a computer printout in your office
- a class list on your desktop
- a computer display screen