Student Organization Funding
Student Organization Funding
All student organizations (excluding Greek Life) are eligible to receive funding from the College. There are a few funding sources:
- Student Government Alliance funding: Available to the majority of clubs and organizations
- Student Activities Fee funding for specific organizations:
- Campus Activities Board (CAB) - overseen by Rey Benschop, Associate Director of Student Activities for Engagement
- Media Board and publications - overseen by Ariel Adams, Director of Student Activities
- HAVOC & AXB - overseen by Amy James, Director of Community Outreach
- Club Sports - these orgs apply for funding with Steph Kowell, Assistant Athletics Director for Fitness and Recreation / Assistant Professor of Physical Education
- Chaplaincy orgs - these orgs apply for funding with the College Chaplain
- DMC orgs have funding from the College - overseen by Koboul E. Mansour, Director of the Days Massolo Center
All student organizations who receive funding from the Student Activities Fee or Student Assembly are subject to following the guidelines in the Student Assembly Funding Codes.
Student Assembly Funding (updated April 11, 2023)
Annual Budgets for 2023-24 Academic Year
- Each student organization that receives funding from Student Assembly (SA) should submit an annual budget as the primary means for receiving funding. Contingency funding applications next year are not guaranteed and are reserved for emergency-based funding needs that pop-up.
- SA-funded organizations who will need funding for the 2023-24 academic year should apply for funding via the Annual Budget process. The Annual Budget application is now open and will close on Friday, April 21, 2023 at 12 p.m.
- Submit your Annual Budget Application
- Student Assembly voted on new SA Funding Codes that will go into effect in Fall 2023 and should be considered when submitting Annual Budget applications for next year. The most relevant changes relevant to budget applications are regarding hotels/lodging and apparel (see Section 3).
- Sudchananya (Prim) Udomphan, the SA Treasurer and Kaity Stewart, Associate Director of Student Activities will be hosting an Annual Budget application and Funding Codes info session on Thursday, April 13, 2023 at 5 p.m. on Zoom to answer questions. You can also email Prim at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Contingency Budgets for Fall 2024
- SGA-funded organizations can apply for additional funding as needed throughout the academic year on a weekly basis for their supplies, equipment, and events.
- Contingency Budget requests must be submitted via the Contingency Budget Proposal form and are due weekly on Wednesdays at 12pm (NOON), excluding school breaks, and will be voted on at the Student Government Alliance meeting the following Monday night. The last date to submit a contingency budget for the spring 2023 semester is November 29, 2023.