Information for Students
The deposit tool for the Hill Card is eAccounts
- Ability to freeze and unfreeze your lost or stolen Hill Card
- Ability to view Board plan transaction history
- Cardholders can safely store credit card information for ease of depositing and can set up scheduled and recurring deposits to the Hill Card
- eAccounts mobile apps available for Apple phones/tablets and Android phones
- Students and employees should use their Hamilton College user name and network password to log into eAccounts
- Guest depositors need to type in the email address of the Hill Card holder when making a deposit to the student's account (rather than selecting a student name from the drop-down menu)
The Hill Card is your student identification card, meal plan card, door access card, library card, and campus debit card.
Hill Card Campus Debit Card
Your Hill Card can be used as a campus prepaid debit card. It is the convenient, cashless way to pay for purchases on campus.
Two prepaid account options are available - All Campus Account (good at all locations where the Hill Card is accepted - Barnes & Noble, Bon Appetit, Cafe Opus, Euphoria) or College Store Account (good for purchases at the College Bookstore only).
Your Hill Card campus debit card account can be accessed online to deactivate your card when lost, reactivate it when found, add money to your account and view account history. Family members can also add money to your account online through eAccounts, Make A Guest Deposit.
Your Hill Card is a NFC chip and proximity card that provides access to the exterior doors of residence halls and other card-access buildings on campus. This system makes exterior residence hall keys obsolete. Please do not punch a hole in your card or you will disable the NFC chip and proximity antenna.
All residence hall washers and dryers accept the Hill Card only (you must have funds deposited in your Hill Card account).
Campus vending machines accept the Hill Card. Snack or beverage machine repairs/refunds can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org, 315-859-4974 or call the service number listed on the machines.
You no longer need cash to buy Top Up cards at the Circulation desk in the Library to add credit to your PaperCut account. You have two options.
- You can manually transfer $1, $2 or $5 to your PaperCut quota directly from your Hill Card account. Service is available by going to PaperCut account details webpage and selecting “Add credit from Hill Card” link.
- Alternatively, if you do not have enough print credit for your print job, PaperCut will automatically transfer the amount necessary to cover the cost of your print job from your Hill Card account.
You must have funds available on your Hill Card account to transfer funds to PaperCut. The transfer of credit takes place in real time. Money cannot be transferred from your PaperCut account to your Hill Card account.
- PaperCut quotas are reset at the beginning of each semester
- Any remaining balances in PaperCut accounts are zeroed out
- DO NOT add more credit than needed to get through each semester or you will lose those funds at the end of the semester
- More information about PaperCut
Public copiers (located in Burke Library and KJ) will accept the Hill Card. To use the public copiers on campus you must have funds deposited in your Hill Card account.
Mail Center and Print Shop
Your Hill Card can be used for personal purchases at both locations.
If you have any questions about the Hill Card, please call 315-859-4271 or 315-859-4974.
If your card has a single gold star, then your Hill Card will be accepted as proof of identification at The Little Pub. Students who turn 21 during the year may come to the Hill Card office in Bristol or to Campus Safety to obtain a new card. Please bring a government-issued form of ID with you (driver's license, passport, etc). This is needed for age verification.