The in-network component allows you to choose any provider from the BlueCard program and provides a higher level of benefits. The out-of-network component of the plan provides you with the ability to see any provider of your choice, but at a greater cost.
In addition to a national network of providers participating in the BlueCard program, members also have access to doctors and hospitals outside of the United States worldwide though the BlueCross BlueShield Global Core program. Search for participating providers at Excellus' website. (Select Plan "Excellus Blue PPO" or "BlueCard PPO/EPO".)
Prescription drug coverage is offered through OptumRx. A separate ID card will be issued for prescription drug coverage.
Employees may waive coverage through the College and receive an opt-out credit equivalent to $1,000 a year for full-time employees, provided they can certify coverage under another health insurance plan.
The College's contribution to health insurance coverage is based on one's salary and the coverage selected. Contribution rates are available by selecting the appropriate link below. Instructions on how to find a provider are located on page 5 of the Benefits Guidebook.
- 2019 Full Time Rates
- 2019 Part Time Rates and Wavier Payment Amounts
- 2020 Full Time Rates
- 2020 Part Time Rates and Wavier Payment Amounts
- Benefits Guidebook See page 6 for Coverage Summary
- 2020 Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) and Coverage Glossary
- Excellus Medical Plan Details
- OptumRx 1/1/20 Formulary and Exclusions
- OptumRx CVS 90 Day Prescription Program effective 1/1/2020
- OptumRx Authorization To Use and Disclose Protected Health Information
- COBRA Continuation Coverage Rights