Business Intelligence Analyst
Hamilton College Non-Faculty
Location: Clinton, NY
Open Date: Jan 28, 2020
Over the last two years, Hamilton College built a solid technical foundation and team to support advanced data analytics. We are now looking for someone who is well versed in data science and analytics to take advantage of the wealth of data we have available, and use it to help the college better support its students.
While this position is part of our information technology team, it serves various departments on campus in helping them collect, use and understand their data.
The Business Intelligence Analyst responsibilities include the following:
- Performs advanced business data analysis using various techniques including statistical analysis, explanatory and predictive modeling and machine learning
- Researches best practices and supports developing the solutions and recommendations for the current business intelligence operations
- Works with internal clients and external vendors to identify analytical requirements.
- Provides business data interpretation
- Produces ad hoc data and reports
- Performs quality assurance for data integrity and accuracy
- Assists in developing or implementing systems to capture business operation information
Hamilton College’s Library and Information Technology Services division is committed to creating an accessible, supportive environment and an educational experience that recognizes diversity and cultural competence as integral components of academic excellence. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area. Applicants are encouraged to share how their past and/or potential contributions to diversity, equity and inclusion will advance Hamilton College’s commitment to inclusive excellence.
Please submit cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
This institution is using Interfolio's Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Hamilton College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer and encourages diversity in all areas of the campus community.