Accessing Google Maps at Hamilton
- For Hamilton accounts, you need to opt in to the additional services, which include Google Maps. Go to the bottom of the page and click the button to opt in.
- Then, after you sign in to your Hamilton G-mail account (you may need to log out and then log back in), click the “Google Apps” icon on the top right and then click the “More” bar. Choose Maps (which will open in a new tab).
- After you open Google Maps this way, look for the Menu icon and click it to expand it.
- Then select “Your places” from the list of options.
- Click the “Maps” tab on the following “Your Places” panel. You will see any maps that you already have (or click the "See All Your Maps" link."
- At the bottom of this list is a blue “Create Map” link. Click “Create Map” and you can create, save and share maps just like any other Google doc. Here's a quick link to the Google Maps documentation so that you can see what your options are.
- To return to editing a map that already exists, select the map from the list of maps and click on the “Open in My Maps” link. The map will open in a new tab with editing enabled. All changes are saved automatically.
Last updated: August 10, 2018