Video & Audio Production
- First, students undergo pre-production during which they plan their projects by storyboarding, writing scripts, choosing locations for production, and anticipating necessary tools.
- Production then involves filming video and/or recording audio using equipment.
- Finally, students utilize various software platforms during post-production to edit video and audio content to then produce a final product.
- audio recordings, podcasts, presentation, videos
Common Tools & Resources
- Hardware: audio recorder, microphones, tripod, video camera
- Software: Adobe Audition, Adobe Premiere, Audacity, GarageBand, iMovie, Logic Pro, Panopto
- Sacharja Cunningham, Bret Olsen, Ben Salzman
- ANTHR 215 - Anthropology of Muslim Youth / Mariam Durrani (podcast)
- ANTHR 310 - Crossings & Transgressions: On Migration and (Im)Mobilities / Mariam Durrani (audio recording)
- ANTHR 347 - Visual and Media Anthropology / Arjun Shankar (video)
- ART 213 - Introduction to Video / Ella Gant (video)
- ART 313 - Advanced Video / Ella Gant (video)
- CLASC 374 - Ancient Egypt / Shelley Haley (podcast)
- ENVST 150 - Environmental Science & Society / Jason Townsend (podcast)
- HSPST 323 - Re-Imagining Nation in Films / Edna Rodriguez-Plate (video)
- LIT 334 - Jane Austen: Text and Film / John O'Neil (video)
- MUSIC 117 - Art of Active Listening / Robert Hopkins (presentation)
- MUSIC 270 - Introduction to Music, Sound, & Technology / Ryan Carter (video)
- RELST 304 - Religion and Media / S. Brent Rodriguez-Plate (video)
- SOC 101 - Introduction to Sociology / Matthew Grace (podcast)
- WMGST 401 - Theories of Sexuality / Dylan Blackston (podcast, video)
Explore some projects, articles, and other sites related to video and audio production that have piqued the interest of the R&ID team.
Everything is Alive is a podcast unlike anything you’ve ever heard. It’s an interview show in which all the guests are inanimate objects. In each episode, producer and host Ian Chillag talks with a different “thing” about its life story. Besides the fact that the objects can speak, everything they say about their world is true.