The Research & Instructional Design (R&ID) team provides research and educational technology assistance to faculty and students. We support both traditional and new models of student centered teaching, learning, and research in the liberal arts. Our team’s mission is to empower the Hamilton community to use information and technologies to engage in intellectual exploration, make informed decisions, and create and share knowledge.
We do this by:
- Providing the highest quality consultation services in the use of educational technologies, and in the discovery, selection, and evaluation of information.
- Designing, developing, and assessing effective learning experiences.
- Leading the exploration, experimentation, and implementation of innovative technologies for research, teaching, and learning.
- Listening to requests for research and technology support with a creative and open mind.
- Understanding the wide range of teaching and learning styles.
- Presenting effective solutions to address course support needs in a timely manner.
- Providing students and faculty diverse opportunities to enhance the information and technology skills essential for academic and post-graduate success.
Research & Instructional Design Staff