Adding a New Device to DUO
Last updated: August 20, 2023
Adding a new device to Duo
The following information is aimed at users who've received a new device, but kept the same phone number that they used to register with DUO.
- When signed in to the myHamilton Portal and prompted by Duo to authenticate, click Settings.
Note: Do not authenticate yet. Click Settings to get started with adding a new device.
- Click Add a new device.
- Choose how you want DUO to contact you. If you are adding a new device that uses the same phone number, select Call Me.
- Choose your device type and select Continue.
- Enter the phone number of the device you wish to add, verify the phone number you have entered is correct by clicking the checkbox, then click Continue.
- Select your device type from the list of options
- Download and install the DUO app on your device, then click I Have Duo Mobile.
- Once the QR code appears on the computer screen, launch the DUO Mobile app. From the Duo app, tap the + button on the top right-hand corner of the screen and scan the QR code on the computer screen.
- Once Duo has finished linking to your phone, you will see a green checkmark on your computer screen. Once the green checkmark appears, scroll down and click Continue .
- Your newly added device should now appear under My Settings & Devices. Click Save to retain your changes. If the option says Saved, you can safely proceed to choose the option to go Back to Login.
- You should now be all set to use the new device as your DUO authenticator.