Connecting to ESS Using VPN
Mapping Network Drives
Network drives are inaccessible from off-campus unless you are first connected to the Cisco VPN. Once this is done, you can proceed with the below instructions to properly map drives on your computer.
- After connecting to VPN, right-click on Network and select Map network drive...
- Enter the ESS drive you need. You'll need to map each one individually. For example:
\\ess\[your department name]
Check Reconnect at sign-in.
- You will be prompted to login with the Hamilton credentials for the first drive mapping. Click OK when done.
- Click Finish. You'll see the new drive mapping under This PC.
- Before connecting to the VPN next, your drives will have a red X on them. After you connect to VPN, just double click on the drive you want and you'll see the contents.
Last updated: May 23, 2023