Off-Campus Study

Office of Off-Campus Study
315-859-4022 (phone)
315-859-4222 (fax)

The Office of Off-Campus Study is located in Christian A. Johnson 105.

Application and Enrollment

Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I get an application?

Most programs, including all Hamilton College programs, have application materials on their websites.

When should I go?

Whenever it fits best into your academic plans. Go for a year if you can.

When should I apply?

Each program specifies its own deadlines.  Most programs use rolling admissions, so it is to your advantage to apply earlier.  In the past year, we have noticed that some programs actually fill early.  You should apply several months before the deadline if you have made your decision about where to go.  

Should the Off-Campus Study Office review my application?

This is not necessary, but you're welcome to contact the office with questions or concerns.

Who is the "study abroad advisor"?

Bring forms for "home school approval" or "study abroad advisor approval" to the Office of Off-Campus Study in Christian Johnson 105, but most approved forms are done on-line.

Where can I get photos?

Some applications require several passport-sized photos. These can be taken the US Post Office on College Street, or at CVS Pharmacy, 39 Meadow Street in Clinton.

Whom should I ask for recommendations?

If you are going on a program that requires previous language study, ask a professor who has recent knowledge of your proficiency. Asking a professor in your concentration is helpful for UK schools, especially, since at most you will be admitted to a department as well as to the University itself. Finally, ask a professor who knows you well personally.

How do I get a transcript?

Use the Registrar's transcript request procedures to have a transcript sent directly to your study abroad program. Only you can request a transcript. The Off-Campus Study Office cannot request or send a transcript for you.

Should I wait to send my application until it is complete?

In most cases, you can send your completed application form and have your other paperwork follow. You should, however, check your program provider's instructions to be sure they will accept an incomplete application.