You will design your own studies as a world politics major, either focusing on a geographic region or a theme, for instance, poverty and inequality, democratization or international law and organization.
You can focus on a region: Africa, Asia, Latin America, Middle East, Russia and Eastern Europe or Western Europe. Or you can focus on a theme: poverty and inequality, democratization, international law and organization, international security, politics of the global economy, nationalism and identity. If you focus on a geographic region, you need to have had or take four semesters of language preparation.
- Analyst, JP Morgan Chase
- Manager of Financial Relations, Laborers International Union of North America
- Officer, Supervisory Policy, Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Attorney Advisor, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Policy Advisor for Conflicts & Disasters, World Vision, Inc.
- Program Analyst, U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services
- Foreign Affairs Specialist, Office of Secretary of Defense
- Vice President of Marketing and Strategy, Percussion Software