Facebook pixel tracker

Tax Preparation Information

Tax Preparation (ANNUAL TAX Filing)

The Dean of Students office does NOT provide professional tax help. We do provide you with access to GLACIER Tax Prep licensed tax preparation software.  

Using GLACIER Tax Prep

You may use our licensed tax preparation program, GLACIER Tax Prep (GTP) , via your current GLACIER account. If you have a GLACIER account through the Business Office, you will receive an email from GLACIER regarding access.  If you have not completed a GLACIER account and/or do not work on campus, you may email Regina Johnson, Staff Assistant at rjohnson@hamilton.edu to obtain the access code.  The access code(s) will be available shortly before spring break, once 1042-S forms are released. You may access GTP from any computer with internet access. 


To prepare your taxes you will need the following documents: 

  • passport and visa
  • form I-20
  • social security number or individual tax identification number (if you have neither, GLACIER Tax Prep will prompt you and assist you to complete an ITIN application form)
  • address information (US and foreign)
  • US entry and exit dates for current and past trips (within the past five years) to the US
  • Forms W-2, 1042-S and/or 1099 (if received)
  • scholarship or grant letter (if any)
  • a copy of your previous income tax return (if you filed one). 

    Your "Academic Institution or Host Sponsor Information" is:
    Hamilton College, 198 College Hill Road, Clinton, NY 13323; phone 315-859-4022; academic director: Allen Harrison, Jr. 


You may not need to file an income tax return, but you MUST file Form 8843.  You MAY need to file a tax return as well if you received a 1042-s, grant or scholarship letter indicating that you had taxable grant or scholarship money, even if you did not work in the U.S.  Use GLACIER to check! Don't assume you do not need to file.


You must print and mail your income tax form and/or Form 8843 so that it is postmarked by midnight, April 15!

Always make a copy of your forms for your records!


IRS page for International Students and Scholars

Contact Information

Allen Harrison

Assistant Dean for International Students and Accessibility
Elihu Root House
Back to Top