Blackboard Learn Support
Blackboard Learn is Hamilton's learning management system. Almost every course section at Hamilton will have a corresponding Blackboard course space, which is easily accessible on- or off-campus via My Hamilton. The following pages contain Hamilton-specific information, solutions to common problems, and links to tutorials produced by other institutions. The best sources for information on specific features in Blackboard are the Users' Manual (Tools page of any course space, "Blackboard Help for Students") and the Instructors' Manual (Control Panel of any course space, Help section, "Blackboard Help for Instructors"). For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 859-4877. And please come to our new instruction series, Blackboard Mondays.
Tutorials and Other Resources
- What's New in Blackboard?
- General Login, Enrollment, and Other Questions
- Run through your start-of-semester tasks (section merges, adding graders, copying course material).
- View PDF and video tutorials for faculty from Blackboard and other institutions.
- See resources for students on using Blackboard from other institutions.
- Here are instructions for how to create online appointments using the Sign-up List tool.
- You can create portfolios in Blackboard; see samples and instructions.
- See solutions to common problems.
- Check browser settings that might be causing other issues.
- Please confirm that you are using a compatible browser.
- Please check Suggestions for Online Test-Taking if you are having trouble taking a placement exam.
- If you need to convert a paper exam to an online exam, try one of these converters.
Last updated: March 23, 2018