Application & Aid
- Annual and exceptional fall semester applicants must have completed at least two years of college-level French, with a fifth semester strongly recommended.
- Exceptional spring semester applicants must have completed the fifth semester of college-level French.
- All applicants must have an overall average of 2.7 (B-). Note that some Parisian Universities may require a GPA above 2.7 as well as additional required prerequisite courses.
- All applicants must have an average of 2.7 (B-) in French.
- We expect that all applicants will be enrolled in a French course during the semester before they participate in Hamilton in France.
Deadline for Year and Fall: Feb. 28
Deadline for Spring: Oct.1
- Students are encouraged to apply as soon as they have discussed their plans with their family and advisors.
French universities request early preregistration.
- The process calls for advanced planning (to obtain birth certificates, transcripts, etc.).
- Applications are reviewed as soon as they are received.
- Late applications may be accepted depending on the size of the group.
- The program can only preregister students after they have paid the initial $300, non-refundable deposit upon acceptance.
Many colleges have cooperative arrangements that transfer fellowships and financial aid from the home institution to Hamilton in France. Also, most educational loan arrangements will apply to our program. For more details, contact the financial aid office of your college or university.
Hamilton in France may provide modest scholarship aid to students who demonstrate financial need. Students must submit a letter with clear proof of need with their application material to be considered for these scholarships.