Application, Fees & Aid
- The program is designed to take place during the junior year and first semester of senior year.
- Applicants should be in good standing at an accredited college or university.
- Minimum overall GPA required is 2.7 (B-). Note that some Paris universities may require a higher GPA (e.g., Paris 1; Sciences Po)
- Successful completion of the fourth semester French required before arrival. Note that fifth semester or higher may be required for certain Paris Universities (e.g., Paris 1; Sciences Po)
- Minimum average in French courses at the time of the HiF application is 2.7 (B-).
- Enrollment in a French class the semester prior to departure is strongly recommended.
Annual and Fall 2019
To assure that students’ level in French is a strong as possible, all applicants should plan to enroll in a French class the semester before applying.
- Most of the HiF application is online, including payment of the registration fee.
- A few documents must be submitted by mail or scanned at the same time.
- Completed applications are reviewed on a rolling basis; responses are usually sent within three weeks of HiF receiving all documentation.
- A $600 non-refundable deposit is due 15 days after acceptance.
Questions about eligibility or the application process to the program should be addressed to Ms. Gena Hasburgh in Clinton, NY at 315-859-4201 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Academic questions should be addressed to Professor Martine Guyot-Bender, General Director (2017-18) and Resident Director (2018-19) at email@example.com.
Many colleges have cooperative arrangements that transfer fellowships and financial aid from the home institution to Hamilton in France. Also, most educational loan arrangements will apply to our program. For more details, contact the financial aid office of your college or university.
Hamilton in France provides a limited number of scholarships to non-Hamilton students who demonstrate financial need. Students must submit a letter with clear proof of need with their application material to be considered for these scholarships.