Application, Fees & Aid
The application deadline for the fall semester and for annual students has been extended to March 15.
- Hamilton in France is designed for students enrolled at accredited colleges during the junior year or first semester of senior year.
- Students must have completed the fourth semester French before arrival. Fifth semester or higher may be required for certain Paris Universities (e.g., Paris 1; Sciences Po.
- Minimum overall GPA required is 2.7 (B-). Note that some Paris universities may require a higher GPA (e.g., Paris 1; Sciences Po)
- Minimum average in French courses at the time of the HiF application is 2.7 (B-).
- To assure that students’ level in French is as strong as possible, enrollment in a French class the semester prior to departure is strongly recommended, and is mandatory for students below the fifth level.
Mon, Mar 15
Annual and Fall (extended to May 8 under special circumstances)
Fri, Oct 01
- The HiF application is online (see to your right)
- Check that you have a passport valid until 6 months after end of the program. HiF will need a copy of your passport soon; and delays for passport renewals or applications are very long at the moment (several months).
- Completed applications are reviewed on a rolling basis; responses are usually sent within three weeks of HiF receiving all documentation.
- A $600 deposit is due 15 days after acceptance.
Questions about eligibility or the application process to the program should be addressed to Ms. Gena Hasburgh in Clinton, NY at email@example.com
Any academic questions for 2021-22 should be addressed to Professor Martine Guyot-Bender, General Director (2020-21) and Resident Director (2021-22) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Many colleges have cooperative arrangements that transfer fellowships and financial aid from the home institution to Hamilton in France. Also, most educational loan arrangements will apply to our program. For more details, contact the financial aid office of your college or university.
Hamilton in France provides a limited number of scholarships to non-Hamilton students who demonstrate financial need. Students must submit a letter with clear proof of need with their application material to be considered for these scholarships.